Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Easy Pot Roast - aka REALLY Easy Pot Roast

Pot roasts are delicious, I think this is something we can all agree on ( unless you're a vegetarian and even then you just MIGHT be drooling a little remembering succulent pot roasts from days of yore)  I mean if loving a fall apart tender beef  roast dripping in flavorful au jus is wrong then I DON'T WANNA be RIGHT! To me Pot Roast is pretty easy to make, but when I get a hankering for that beefy crack I don't want to chop and prep, wait 8 hours for slow cooker pot roast, no SIR , I want my EASY Pot Roast and I want it NOW  ( ok 1.5 hours from now I'm not a miracle worker) .  Ladies and Gentlemen I introduce you to the

Easy Pot Roast Recipe


You need 3 things for this baby to come together Beef, Onion Soup Mix and Water  - BOOM!
Now I threw in some baby carrots because it took me literally 32.3 seconds to do it ( I clocked it) and who wouldn't want to give some tender baby carrots a swim in  a beef drippings/onion soup hybrid liquid then shove those poor infant  tubers into your mouth when they have sufficiently softened and adsorbed that divine juice concoction, who ? I also sprinkled some parsley on top, mostly because it looked nice...but really you JUST need the 3 aforementioned ingredients for pot roast perfection.

For this easy Pot roast to cook right I like to relentlessly stab at it with a knife, mostly to let the onion soup mix penetrate the meat .  Because it's EASY we aren't marinating it over night or endlessly and slowly cooking it in the 'ol crock pot , so we need to up the onion delivery method.

I preheated the oven to 350 degrees and let my, just shy of 2lb Easy Pot Roast cook away.

Now if you want to add a couple minutes to the process chop up some potatoes , parsnip ( my PERSONAL favorite) and maybe add some more onion to the mix.

I know a lot of people like it put plainly so here it is
Ingredients
2 lb Beef roast
1 packet onion soup mix
1 cup water

Pre-heat oven to 350
knife the living daylights out of your roast
mix water and soup mix , pour over roast

after 1 hour test for doneness with a thermometer ( the kind that goes in the oven , some of you also need me to be REALLY specific about these things, you know who you are)


Don't over cook it ! 

Let me know what you thought about the worlds easiest Pot Roast Recipe
Like me on Pinterest ( I post awesome stuff from awesome food bloggers I can't cook myself) 

No comments:

Post a Comment